Sunday, November 18, 2012

12/30-17/30: Coding

I've had a huge mental block with my coding.  I haven't been able to figure out what I'm doing wrong and that means some days I've only spent 5 or 10 minutes on it.

Yesterday my boyfriend had a friend over.  They both worked together at the UofM, Domino's and when we moved out here, D was able to convince J to move here as well.  ^_^  After they were  both out here they managed to convince two members of their UofM team to come out for interviews too.  It's a movement!

I don't like to bother my boy too much with all this programing stuff, but I was so stuck that after our wandering I was sitting on the couch and eventually asked them for help.  Having two insanely smart SRE's available to trouble shoot my baby code was quite nice.  They also explained the difference between defining my code and calling it.  Now I know what was going wrong!  It's so awesome when you finally stop seeing the error code!





The site was not working one of the days, so I'm adding an extra day of coding onto the end of this 30 period.  I still feel bad for not trying harder to work that day, but it happens. As soon as I finish this post I'm gonna take some real time to get into my next coding assignment.  Functions are interesting.

The dog has been driving me crazy.  She's barking at everything.  I need to download all the episodes of "It's Me or the Dog" because I feel Victoria Stillwell's method of training is wonderful and will work really well with Ada.

List of things I want my dog to stop doing
     - barking and lunging at other dogs (this seems to be an on and off behavior)
     - barking and lunging at skateboards
     - lunging at runners or other fast things that surprise her
     - eating everything off the sidewalk
     - nosing at people walking by us
     - barking at homeless people
     - chasing pigeons, ducks, squirrels, or anything really

Looking at it in print the list is longer than I would like.  Poop! I hope I can manage to train her out of these.  I'm not that consistent either.  This is gonna be hard and take some time. I also need to buy a new clicker and a real reward pouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment