Sunday, October 21, 2012

18/30: Jogging and Unpacking

18/30

At this point it's getting to be too many days in between posts.  I had to do an outline just to keep everything straight!  Before I finished unpacking the kitchen, I unpacked the PS3 so that I would have something to distract me while I unpacked.  I thought the best thing to listen to would be musicals!  "Into the Woods," "Enchanted," and "Tarzan" made my day much better.

When my guy finally got home I did 1.3 miles.  I'm not sure if I took the dog with me or not...  Can't remember that far back!

19/30

I did loads of laundry.  Many, many loads.  I also put in "Spice World" and I can't remember what else.

My run was extra awesome.  I decided that I wanted to do 2 miles.  I took a new route and was surprised with some rather awesome new endurance! I added a huge* hill into the run right as I was done with my 2 miles and was so excited by the fact that I got myself up the hill that I ran all the way home! It was downhill so my legs got a little bit of a rest, and so when I got to my front door I decided to lap my block one more time.  It meant another hill*.  I had two hills* in my run! ^_^ I'm a machine!

*Okay, these are not huge hills, but they are medium hills and they are hard.

20/30

I woke up and decided to take Ada to a fabric store for a little bit of a scene change.  On the way we bumped into these!

]
 We see you!!

We frolicked through the Nike store and then gasped in wonder at the fabric in the fabric store.  Then we came home to more movies and laundry.

I only did a mile.  And I took Ada with me.  It was rather pathetic.

21/30

On Saturday I wanted to do my run early.  I went my my sexy man to the local coffee shop and after I got some delightful caffine in me I went for my run.  I wanted to repeat the great 3 mile run I had done last Sunday.  So I programed my Nano for 3.25 miles (I figured an extra quarter mile should be about what I'm gaining a week!)

While I was jogging I passed a motorcycle on the ground.  Someone had run into it (probably while backing up) and hadn't bothered picking it back up.  On my second pass I couldn't help myself and asked a nearby doorman to help me pick it up. (Less of a chance of someone running into it again I figured.) The footpeg on one side was shirred off.  I picked it up and sliced open my hand. Ouch! 

So I kept running.  I saw some stairs and added them into my run. 
And kept running.  I noticed how the bottom on a ladies shoes matched the color of her purse. 
And kept running.  I got to pet some cute dogs.
And kept running. I took a picture of some tourists with the city in the background.  And kept running.  I got to watch artists paint the city around us.
And kept running. My nano said I was done with my 3.25 miles.
I kept running.

I ran 5 miles.

I don't think you heard me...

I RAN 5 MILES!!!

It was awesome. I felt great.  I was hoping on day 30 that I might be able to do it, but I figured there was no way it would ever actually happen.  I am so geeked!

 These are the feet that ran 5 miles!

After I got home I told my boyfriend, but I didn't want to go crazy and bore everyone so I saved it all up for you!  He went to the YMCA while I took the dog for a walk.  I went grocery shopping.  He cooked dinner.  We had a mini house warming party.  Everyone had fun and complimented my man's cooking (he's good!) and after a last doggie walk I went to  bed.  And I ran 5 miles!!

22/30

Today was a much calmer day.  I took the dog to the park.  Had some coffee.  Had breakfast sushi.  Found an awesome mini cupcake place. I also took a nap!

I took Ada with my on my run today.  It was only 2 miles.  But it felt good.  I didn't go crazy.  I am happy with yesterday.  I did decide that I needed to dress up.  It's not a great pic, but sometimes I look cuter than mirror pics make me look!


If you've never worn a miniskirt to work out, you're missing something awesome.  It's fun! I learned all about it when I did roller derby for a year.  You should try it sometime.  Or not.  It's not for everyone, but I always like it.

My girl Alana needs me to come hang out with her in the Castro.  Tomorrows run might involve the beach in Pacifica. 

No comments:

Post a Comment