Wednesday, October 3, 2012

3/30: Jogging

I went to bed thinking that I was going to get a great night of sleep and wake up refreshed and ready to go.  Of course it took two hours to fall asleep and it felt like I had barely drifted off when the alarm went off.

The trip to the airport was long and filled with break lights, but with two people we were fortunate to be able to use the carpool lane.  My delightful boyfriend dropped me off at San Fran Airport and I have to say I think it might be the nicest airport I've ever been in.  There was an artisan local food store, a kids play place, and so many computer docking stations (with desks and chairs!) that I knew I couldn't be far from Silicon Valley.  As well as lots of art and some funky comfy orange chairs.

As for the flights themselves, thank goodness for dramamine. I got plenty of space on the first flight due to the open seat between me and the only other woman in my row, and I got lots of knitting done while listening to Stephan Fry.

After landing in Florida my mother couldn't wait to take me to a beach. Before I even got to settle into my room she took me to a beach! She simply can't get enough. And I have got to admit, the white sands and setting sun and the clean smell coming out from the Gulf were lovely.

When we finally got to the condo I realized that if I didn't go jogging now I wasn't going to get it in, so I strapped on my ipod and changed into my workout gear.  Since it was dark and dinner was pretty much on the table I was only going to run a mile.  So I ran in circles for a while and after my mile I felt pretty good so I thought I would go a little further.  I managed 2 1/4 miles at a steady jog and I felt great! I was going a lot slower than I do on a treadmill, so that might have had something to do with it.

Of course then I promptly got lost.  So I went in circles for a while, jogging and walking, walking and jogging.  Asked for directions twice and still ended up just winging it to get back.  So no beach running, but that just means I can save it for tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. You may want to consider not using light gray type on a white background... just a suggestion :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not even sure how to change that, but I'll take the time to try!

    ReplyDelete