Monday, October 1, 2012

The Plan

The plan is simple: For the next 30 days I will go jogging every single day.

Now this sounds extra simple. It gets more fun after this. I have a list of things I want to do or challenge myself with and I want to do them all for 30 days a piece.  Now I'm not even going to pretend that this is a unique idea.  I love Ted Talks and this where the idea sparked. Go watch it, it's awesome and I can't figure out how to embed it into this dumb thing.

Ted Talk: Matt Cutts

So far I have a list that makes me happy and scares me a little. These will run me through a year and I hope to add other things to my list. (Suggestions are welcomed!)

30 days of:
jogging
drawing a picture
baking bread
playing the piano
salad (not only salad, but every day)
different hairstyles
no sugar (!)
yoga
video games
writing a novel
only water
Shakespeare
Roller Skating
Knitting
using a new word every day

The only plans I have for when I'm doing any of these is "no sugar" which gets the delightful and enviable spot of January and the list might change a bit because some of these I'm not sure I really want to endure for 30 days.  I'll explain my plans for each 30 days a few days before I start and post updates every day on how I did.  Granted for some of the posts they may be as simple as "I did it now leave me alone."


Today I knew I was starting my first day of 30 with jogging. While feeling unhealthy and out of shape this seemed like a natural place to start. That is my delightful before picture. My goal was to get a mile of running in and a little walking around it.  I managed 1.9 miles, in 2 parts, and 3 miles total.  I'm satisfied that I pushed myself.

Tomorrow: 2 miles minimum tomorrow and at least 1.25 all in one stretch
Right now: Dinner with my loving boyfriend!

No comments:

Post a Comment